Friday, October 28, 2005

Raining, Pouring

It's amazing how much things can change in two weeks. A couple of weeks ago, I was as low as I could get.

Then I started working on my NaNoWriMo project, and my mood improved.

Then I got the good news on Monday morning (which I didn't share then because they asked me to hold off, but it looks like its everywhere on the web now, so I'll spill) that my story, "Out of His League," which was due to appear in the DaiKaiju 2 e-anthology, will now be part of the DaiKaiju 2 print anthology, due out sometime next year, and it'll be available in the U.S. Cool.

Then later that night, I received word that my story "Astromonkeys!" had been accepted for publication in Baen's Astounding Stories, due in June of next year.

Today, I got a promotion with a nice salary bump. This has been a great week.

Makes me worry about how things could come crashing down when the hot streak ends, though.

1 comment:

mtreiten said...

Congrats on the Daikaiju 2 sale! Whoohoo! And it'll be through Prime books which will make things flow better and faster.

Glad to hear you're doing better. And no more mistaken identities.