Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowed In

We finally got a decent-sized winter storm. I drove home from work last evening, bundled up and started working on the webcomic, then got a call from work. Had to go back to work at 10 p.m. and work all night.

The great thing about driving in treacherous conditions at 10 p.m. is that hardly anyone else is out on the road, so got to work safely. Drove home at 6:30 a.m., exhausted, put the car in the garage. Fell into bed and slept a while. Got up and spent the day listening to Webcomics Weekly podcasts and coloring pg. 5.

The tricky thing about the strip I'm doing, and I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off, is that I'm trying to do a continuing story in three and four-panel increments. So I've got to on the one hand tell an overall story, while at the same time making each day's strip a sort-of self-contained bit in itself. I'm getting better with every page, but I'm still faking the funk when it comes time to draw the backgrounds. That's something I'm going to have to work on more when I get into the story proper.

No comments: