Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Grand Opening

It was an interesting weekend. They opened a new Best Buy on my route to work. I like Best Buy. They have good prices, a decent selection, and almost always some hidden gem on sale. So I dropped in to the new one to check out their Grand Opening sale.

It was a little creepy. The parking lot was nearly full, but when I went in, I found out that most of the people there were employees. There were something like a hundred salespeople milling around. It almost seemed like they outnumbered the customers. And they were constantly walking up to me, asking if I needed help, if I needed anything in particular, blah, blah, blah. I got hit on by at least seven of them as I wandered the store. When I went to check out with my purchase, I ran into this gauntlet of check-out people, like fifteen of them standing around with nothing to do. When they saw me, they all jumped up like puppies in a pet store, and I had to pick one. I chose the first one on the left, a cute teenage girl, paid for my stuff (she encouraged me to bring my credit card next time), and breathed a sigh of relief once I was clear and out the door.

So what did I buy? Tell you tomorrow.

Watched the Oscars Sunday night. I don't have much to add there except, what was the deal with Beyonce? Did they somehow save money by having her be the only female vocalist, or was this some weird concession they had to make to get Chris Rock to host or something?

No comments: