Monday, March 26, 2007

Debating a Waste of Money

Money was tight over the winter, so I stopped smoking good cigars and made do with Blackstone Cherry pipe tobacco cigars, tasty but cheap. Now money's flowing a little better, so I've recently bought some good authentic cigars again. Problem is, I'm getting tired of my little black plastic travel humidor that only holds like 5 cigars. I want something more substantial.

Problem is, I want something out of the ordinary. I mean, this is nice, but dull. These are gorgeous, but really expensive. This is a little over the top, but I love the metal plate on the inner lid.

Then I thought, you know, I have a friend who paints decorative boxes and does really awesome work. I should buy a cheap plain humidor and commission her to decorate it. But her stuff, while beautiful, is more girly-fantasy oriented than I want. I want a box that looks like it sat on the desk of some dude from the East India Company while he composed dispatches commanding troops on steamships to raze Burma. Manly, but not plain. And not insanely expensive. You know?

Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, you know, she can do pretty much any kind of design you want. And she showed me a box tonight that is definitely not girly. I'm sure she can do exactly what you want.