Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pounding It Out, Day 22

I know, you're probably getting tired of the constant updates, but I'm doing this as much for my own future edification as for any curiosity you may have about the progress of the book.

I dropped off pace by around a thousand words yesterday, but then I got the scenes I needed kind of figured out, and between midnight and 3 p.m. today got myself almost caught up. I need another 500 words today to stay right on pace.

Plot-wise, I'll be wrapping up Act Two either today or tomorrow, so that's pretty much right on schedule as well. I had thought I would have a lot more crowded plot between the halfway point and here, but it hasn't turned out that way, and I think it's pretty much all right as it is. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do fill the space from here to the end. I have a couple of scene ideas, but only a couple. So between now and the end of the week, I'm going to need to sit down and do some serious plotting. But once I get that done, I'm pretty much rocket-fueled for the final push.

The best part for me, right now, is that I seem to have gotten past that crisis-of-confidence point, where I was feeling totally lost and thinking I was just one day away from sputtering to a complete halt, and am now starting to feel kind of energized and enthusiastic again. One week and a wake-up...

No comments: