Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Chicken or Egg?

So the Mini idea isn't getting any love from anybody I've talked to about it. I think this car is awesome, but other people's reactions, including The Wife, range from amused head-shakes to outright hostility. I'm bummed.

And at the same time, another idea has been rolling around in my head, and I'm wondering if it's time to do something about it. I've currently got the two websites: the Chamber of Secrets over on Geocities, that I haven't updated in over two years, and this blog. I'm wondering if maybe it's time to take the plunge and get my own domain. Put up some writing links, maybe a World of Digger wiki or something, convert the blog to Wordpress or Movable Type and get disciplined about updating it more often and more interestingly, to make it a more attractive destination.

On the one hand, it would work better as a promotional tool, but on the other hand, it would cost a chunk of money, and I don't have the traffic to justify it right now. Hence my Chicken and Egg dilemma.

If I build it, will they come, or do I wait until they're standing in line to take the plunge?

No comments: