Monday, February 09, 2009

On Pins and Needles

It was a low-key weekend. Went to see "Paul Blart: Mall Cop." It was fun enough. "Die Hard" is just about my favorite movie ever, so the simple fact that it was a "Die Hard" parody was enough to get me into the premise. But the movie spends an awful lot of time trying to convince you that Kevin James' loser character is actually a lovable loser, and then spends a long drunk sequence making you think that lovable loser is really just a creepy loser. It takes a long time to win back that lost goodwill. It's okay, but there weren't enough big laughs, and it needs to take too many big plot leaps to make you think this guy would have any freaking chance on Earth to stop the bad guys.

Spent much of the rest of the weekend listening to old radio shows--Suspense, Escape, and X Minus One mainly. I've got shows scheduled for the next three Big Audio Wednesdays.

I was mainly just trying not to panic about this week. I'm waiting on a very important phone call that my immediate future hinges on. I hoped it would come today, but it didn't. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news tomorrow.

No comments: