Wednesday, December 02, 2009

One Piece of Good News

It looks as if next week, I'll be sleeping in a bed again. If everything goes according to plan, anyway, my wife will be getting a new one and I'll get our old one. And I'm interviewing on Friday for a second job. At least, I'm hoping I can schedule it as a second job and not simply have to give up one for the other.

Because as physically painful as it is working for Target, there's not a huge amount of mental stress that goes with it, so if they let me, I could keep doing that for a while (and I'm mostly adapted to the stress by now--my main problems right now are painful feet and dried-out, painful fingertips). But the other job, which would pay much better, is not a job that I'm confident yet that I could do for an extended period; it's working in a call center for Dish Network, and my previous call center experience was not pleasant (though to be fair, it was a completely different animal than this). And in the meantime, with my debt situation, I need two incomes. Seriously.

Of course, this may kill my personal life. Gaming Night on Monday and Daughter Night on Tuesday are my weekly anchors. Cut those loose, and I don't know what I'll do for a social life. Then again, I might end up making enough money to think about dating or some crazy shit like that. Although right now, I need to get back to work on Death Wave revisions. I want that done and out the door before the end of the year.

It's both encouraging and scary to think you may a light at the end of the tunnel. Scary because you worry about getting your hopes up and being disappointed again. Then again, I can't get my hopes up too high. Having two jobs, neither of which really lights my fire, may temporarily fix my money crunch, but it's not the key to any kind of happy life. But man, it feels weird to have hope after having gone so long without it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We'd be horribly saddened to see you leave the game (or to not be able to see your daughter of course) but finances do have to come first. I hope things work out well for you.